HOW TO GET YOUR PLATE
If your vehicle is currently registered in Nevada, bring the old plates to a DMV Full Service Office or County Assessor which offers vehicle registration services. If you wish to keep the old plates, you must bring the rear plate and surrender the decal in person.
If you choose to keep the same expiration date, we will issue your new plates with a new registration slip and decal. No emission inspection or registration renewal is required. A $6 substitute plate fee will apply in addition to the specialty plate fees.
You have the option of renewing your vehicle registration for a full year. You will need to complete an emission inspection if required and if the last test was completed more than 90 days ago. Your expiration date will change if the current expiration date is more than 35 days away. Credit will be given for the unused portion of your current Nevada registration.
If you have just purchased a vehicle or are registering it in Nevada for the first time, see the full list of Registration Requirements or New Resident Guide and use our online Registration Fee Estimates. Bring all required documentation along with any license plate application to a DMV Full Service Office or County Assessor which offers vehicle registration services.
Use our online Plate Search & Ordering to check for available numbers. You can order online, by mail or by fax and pick up your plates. Or, you may order in person at a DMV office and we will mail the plates to you.
Personalized plates can take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Make an appointment for your DMV office visit.
Complete the Personalized License Plate Application (SP 66) if you are not
ordering online. See How to Order Custom Plates for details.
A very simple process. To make it even easier for you, here are the steps:
- Go to NevadaValuesLife.com where you will find the link at the top of the homepage to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles Dash Pass appointments.
- Once on the appointment page, click on “Office Appointment.”
- Now click “Book new appointment.”
- On this page, do these four things: Choose the location of the DMV you would like to go to. Then, choose a service> registration, finally, choose a day and then a time.
- On the next page, fill in your personal information. Also, you can add a note, “Wanting to turn in my current plates and get a specialty plate.”
- The DMV will test and email you your appointment confirmation.
- On the day of your appointment, take with you the following items: all your registration and insurance information (just in case they ask for it), a screwdriver to remove your current license plates, your driver’s license, credit card or other form of payment, and a picture of the “Values Life” specialty plate (just in case). Get there a little earlier than your scheduled appointment so that you have time to remove your current license plate and take them in with you to turn in.
- Once inside the DMV, go to the line for people who have made appointments — a much shorter line.
- The cost is $67 for the specialty plate the first year, the renewal fee is currently $30.00. WRMCSN receives $25 the first year and $20 for renewal.
- That’s it!